Sunday, July 19, 2009

Emma's summer playlist

I have a really old Ipod that I gave Emma and I helped her pick out some of her favorite songs to put on it. So here's what she's listening to this summer...

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndy Lauper (I think it's cool that Emma loves a song I was listening to as a teenager!)

Pokerface - Lady Gaga (this is definitely the song of the summer for us - you've never lived until you hear a group of 7-year-old girls belting this song out in the back of your car!)

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) - Beyonce (Emma thought this song was called Single Legs until I finally clued her in.)

Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas (I'm actually not crazy about this one, but Emma loves it.)

The Climb - Miley Cyrus (I'm pretty tired of all things Miley/Hannah, but this is a pretty decent song.)

Umbrella - Rhiannon (I love it when Emma sings the chorus...ella ella ella ella hey hey hey hey.)

Love Story - Taylor Swift (Emma worships Taylor...she even has a poster of her in her room - the only non-horse poster allowed.)

That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings (I love this one as much as Emma.)

Hit Me Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (classic Britney...I'm just thrilled it's not that horrible If You Seek Amy song.)

One World - The Cheetah Girls (In Emma's mind, the Cheetah Girls splitting was akin to the Beatles breakup 40 years ago.)

As you can see, Emma is heavy into the grrrrl power anthems...but she has pretty good taste for a seven-year-old!

8 comments:

Kim said...

EMMA Is tooooo CUTE...
Love the song choices..
Have a great week..
Hugs..

Donna said...

Oh, we are sooooooo very close to being right there too! Unfortunately, we don't have an 'extra' ipod so it's going to be a very expensive step since we'll have to set up two little girls with their tunes. Maybe Santa will help.

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Joan said...

Love the list! Rock on Emma.

Elizabeth got an mp3 player for Xmas. I found a great deal at JCPenneys and passed it on to Santa. Elizabeth has HSMusical songs with some chinese songs on hers. But, she is asking for new stuff too. I think Jonas Brothers. :-)

Jboo said...

Those are some great choices!! Maddy also belts out some of those song (wrong words and all) -- so cute! Love her outfit and her puppy's matching look! :)

Janet

Ashton said...

She is too cute!!! PRECIOUS

Donna said...

Great play list. We hear many of the same tunes in our house.

Casey said...

Too cute!! Love the doggie bag :)

stephanie said...

Too cute! Hadleigh LOVES Taylor Swift also. I'm telling you, these girls would be such good friends. lol