Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow day

We got four inches of snow dumped on us last night, so Emma's school was closed...our first snow day of the winter!

I, of course, still had to get up at 6 a.m. to see if school was cancelled. I let HRH Emma sleep until 9 a.m. We puttered around all morning, cleaning house, baking cookies, making art projects, watching tv. Then after lunch, out to shovel the driveway (the fun never ends in my life!) While I was shoveling, Emma took advantage of the snow and the small hill in our backyard to do some sledding...


The snow has pretty much stopped now, so we'll no doubt have school tomorrow. But the forecasters are predicting an ice storm on Thursday (ugh!) so this may not be our last day home this week.

Hope everyone else is staying warm!

11 comments:

Sara said...

How fun!! I love snow days!

Briana's Mom said...

Ugh! We never get snow in GA! I am jealous! :) What a fun day!

Julia said...

I know snow is a lot of work, but to those of us that don't see much of it, it sure does look like a lot of fun too! Emma I bet enjoyed this extra day with mom. :-)

Missy said...

Sounds and looks like a blast!!! I hope you can bypass the ice, though. We just got some and it was scary driving to work today.

Super Mommy said...

Looks fun - cold - but fun! You and I share the same exciting jobs! ;)

Donna said...

I want a day like the one you had, but not the one that you anticipate later in the week.

Jboo said...

How fun to get a snow day!! Well, except for the shoveling, sounds like it was a perfect day. The Emma knows how to drive that sled, doesn't she! Ice coming my way on Thurs too -- don't like the sound of that.

Hope the rest of the week is fun!
Janet

RamblingMother said...

I loved snow days as a kid, now, um they suck. Hope Emma has wonderful memories as she grows up of fun snow days!!

Donna said...

What an adorable picture!

Merry Christmas!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Christi and Abbey said...

Merry Christmas to you two!!

Kim said...

Hope all is okay...
Happy Holidays..
Hugs..