Saturday, September 19, 2009

My daughter, the adventurer (NOT!)

Emma's Brownie troop had a field trip today...they went to a nearby Girl Scout camp where they had a zip line. The girls were supposed to climb up a rope ladder onto a small platform and then they were hooked to a zip line and they glided down the line about 500 feet. All the girls were giddy with excitement, except my little Emma. She is so afraid to try new things...especially anything that is a physical challenge. All 22 girls in the troop went down the zip line, except Emma and one other girl.

I tried not to make a big deal about it, although I'm sure she sensed my disappointment. I just wish she was more willing to try new things. Of course, maybe this timidity will be a good thing a few years down the line, when other kids are trying smoking and drinking and other things I don't like to think about.

Anyway, although Emma chickened out, she still had a great time...and that's the important thing.



8 comments:

Super Mommy said...

She looks like she had fun despite not wanting to "zip" - I can't say I blame her on this one! I do know how you feel though about apprehensions - Jade seems to have them more than Jasmine - who is my dare devil. I wonder which one will cause me more grief when they get older?? ;0)

Donna said...

I'm sure your attitude helped Emma to have a great time; even though she didn't "zip," she clearly didn't agonize over it. Wow, your Brownie troop is big; ours has 17.

Julia said...

My girls will do anything, but only when THEY are ready, which is not necessarily when everyone wants them to be ready. Emma will do it, in her own good time. :-) That's one of the traits that makes our Hunan girls so spicy.

Kim said...

She is toooo CUTE..
Sorry to hear that she didnt try it .. but maybe next time..
Have a great week..

Jboo said...

Glad she fun anyway -- the pictures sure like look she did!

Hope you have a great week!

Janet

Debbie said...

Being cautious is not always a bad thing. She looks like she did have fun anyway.

Casey said...

Look at that SMILE!! Looks like she had a FAB time...

I have a timid one too. But it's my boy!! And while there are MANY frustrating times when I know he would love something if he just tried it, there are as many times when I'm thankful he thinks twice before jumping... unlike Em. LOL.

And I gotta admit.... the apple doesn't fall far from the tree b/c I usually don't do the adventure stuff either!! LOL.

Stephanie said...

This looks like so much fun! Although, I would have been too scared too. I'm not a fan of heights. lol She looks like she's having so much fun! I love her smile. :)