Monday, October 05, 2009

Haven't felt like blogging lately...

...I don't know why, but suddenly blogging seems like such a chore! I think it's partly because I've been doing it for so long, and partly because we've been so busy lately. Anyway, I guess I have enough energy to check in and post a few photos.

It was very much an autumn weekend for us. Saturday we went to the area's annual Moon Festival - it was nice seeing some new families who had young babies and toddlers recently adopted from China. Emma had a great time, digging in the dirt all evening with her friends...


Our other big excursion was to the pumpkin patch. Normally we don't go quite this early, but I honestly couldn't see a time for us to go before Halloween...we are that busy. Anyway, it was a beautiful day and we both had a great time.


Incidentally, Emma informed me this week that she was going to be a tomboy from now on! I guess she was serious - when we went to McDonald's this weekend, she wanted a Bakugan toy instead of the Build-A-Bear toy.

9 comments:

Casey said...

Cute!! Sounds like my Em... always a Tomboy... even as I try to stick bows in her hair.

Understand about blogging... sometimes it is so fun to document your day to day and other times it feels like a chore. But it's always fun to read back on your time, so I keep doing it... It's like a photo album.

Briana's Mom said...

I love the pumpkin patch picture! I can't wait to go in a few weeks!

Julia said...

I SO know what you mean about the "chore" thing. I thought if I took a break, I'd miss it again and come back, and that just hasn't hit yet. Facebook is just easier these days isn't it.

And when did Emma get so tall! I know she's not, but she looks so tall and lanky in that second picture. Must be short pumpkins. ;-)

Jboo said...

Great photos! We need to head the pumpkin patch too!

Funny-- Maddy has been getting the "boy" toys at McD's lately too!

Janet

Donna said...

Gwen saw Emma's pic (the one in the pumpkin patch) and said "She's growing bigger and bigger and bigger!" Hee hee... that was my first thought too!

I hear ya on the blogging. I do it but only because it's how I journal what our family is doing (then I print it out each year). If it wasn't for that, I'd probably just let the blog fizzle out and die.

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Super Mommy said...

Glad to see your post! Miss. Emma is getting tall - look at those looong legs!

What's with the Tomboy thing? Jade keeps telling me girls at school are Tomboys...I don't get it!

Special K said...

I agree.. blogging isn't as much fun as it used to be. Or maybe I'm just too busy these days? Probably a combination.

Glad to see you're still around though. I love seeing the pics of your girl. :)

Debbie said...

Love the photos. That's funny about the Tomboy comment...she may change her mind some day!

Steph said...

She is so adorable Donna! I love your pictures of her! :) I totally hear you on the blogging. I love it and I haven't been doing it that long, but my computer is SO slow and it takes forever for me to do one post and it's just so hard when I have so much going on. I do love reading your blog and I know many others do too. :)

The pumpkin patch picture is so neat with all of the pumpkins around her and the orange in her shirt. She looks really good in green too. So cute! Enjoy your fall!