Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's apple-picking time!

Every fall, we go apple-picking with some of our friends. Because everyone has been so busy, we didn't get around to it until this weekend. It's a good thing we went, because this was the last weekend the orchard was open. Because it was so late in the season (and because we had such a cool summer and fall) there weren't a ton of apples left. But it's still more about the experience than coming home with a huge basket of apples. Here are some pics:





So this morning, I'm looking for apple recipes on the web. Last year I made an apple pie with some of our apples, but Emma is not really a pie fan. So I'm looking for some great apple crisp recipes. Yum!

8 comments:

Kim said...

HOW FUN... I sooo wish we had apple orchards.. but you have to go up north to find any..
LOVE the photos..
looks like they had a great time...
Hugs..
have a great week..

Missy said...

Such fun pics! That Emma is such a doll! Looks like a great day!!

Kim and Dennis said...

Looks like fun! I don't know. Some hot apple pie, with vanilla ice cream sounds good to me!
I am not a fan of cold weather. It was in the 40's here, and we were not thrilled about it.

Super Mommy said...

Fun, fun, fun!

Jboo said...

Fun that you can actually go pick the apples! It's been a very weird fall weather-wise! Cute photos of Emma and her friends -- those girls are adorable!

Janet

Lisa and Tate said...

So much fun!!! Tate and I got to go apple picking while in MN recently.... Funtimes! Not sure if they have apple picking placing here in Utah...

Casey said...

Looks like fun!! I miss apple picking when we lived in upstate NY.

Ashton said...

So cute!! I love the last picture! (: