Sunday, October 11, 2009

A very cold weekend!

We had an unusually cold weekend...the high only hit the low 40s on Saturday and Sunday. We were supposed to go on a Brownie camp out on Saturday night and (like most of the troop) decided not to go. I have been battling a cold and did not feel like sleeping outside in 20 degree weather. I feel like a wimp, but it was the right decision.

We had to bundle up when we went outside...as you can see from these photos of Emma..




These look more like pictures from February! It's supposed to warm up a bit this week - thankfully. I love autumn and hate seeing it turn to winter too soon...

8 comments:

Casey said...

I think I've been living in the south too long b/c forty degrees sounds good to me!! I'm tired of heat!! LOL.

What a sweetie!! She wears cold well....

Sorry about your brownie camp out. You're not a wimp. Twenty degrees is TOO cold for camping. brrr...

Missy said...

Emma is such a doll! I love her all bundled up in her hat, but I do agree it is too early for winter :(
Sorry about the Brownie camp out, but if you're not feeling well you made the right decision.
Get better soon!

Donna said...

Twenty degrees is too cold for EVERYTHING! Here in California, I wouldn't be surprised if they close schools if it's that cold! ;)


Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Kim said...

Emma is tooo cute..
Have a great week..
Hugs...
I can't believe it is that cold..
I sooo want to get my AC turned off..

Jboo said...

Same here -- way too cold too soon and we even had snow on Saturday! Snow in October -- no way! Emma looks so cute!!

Hoping for a warmup there and here!

Janet

Lisa (Briana's Mom) said...

Wow! You did get some chilly weather! Emma is adorable. :)

Super Mommy said...

At least you have a hat and coat!! I just ordered some for my girls last week from GAP - we were not ready for the chilly weather here.

I hope they reschedule Emma's Brownie Scout sleep out/camp!

Debbie said...

We've been cold here in Ohio too...there is even a forecast of possible snow flurries...crazy! Emma looks cute as always.