Thursday, June 22, 2006

Digging "Digging to America"


I was up late last night reading Anne Tyler's new book "Digging to America." I've always been a big fan of Tyler's, but this book really has special meaning for me. The story centers around two very different families who meet each other at the airport in Baltimore when they are picking up the infant girls they have adopted from Korea. There are a lot of interesting insights about international adoption, with one parent kind of going overboard in making sure her daughter is seeped in her Korean heritage. But the book is really more about what it's like to be an American when you come from somewhere else. I read about half the book last night and may finish it tonight if I can get HRH Emma to bed at a decent hour. Anyway...highly recommended!

No comments: