Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekend fun

Well, this was one of those weekends where the weather forecasters totally blew it. The prediction was for sunny skies on Saturday and rain on Sunday. So, of course, it rained nearly all day Saturday and was sunny on Sunday. We saw a group setting up for an outdoor wedding on Saturday just as the storm clouds started rolling in...hope it turned out okay.

Anyway, on Saturday we went to our friend Kathryn's house for one of our monthly play groups. The plan was for the girls to splash around in Allison's pool, but the weather wasn't cooperating. So instead, the girls put on a "princess fashion show" for us. It was pretty cute, I have to admit.


The rain stopped for a little while so the girls put on their suits and jumped in the pool. It was still overcast and windy, and I was shivering just watching them. But they had a great time, especially Emma and Allison.


The only downer was that afterwards, we headed out to a new Chinese restaurant near Kathryn's house. I paid nearly $20 for some of the WORST Chinese food I've ever had! I don't know how you can mess up shrimp lo mein, but they managed. But other than that, we had a good time.

Saturday night I watched this sensational movie on DVD...The Constant Gardner. I remember all the great reviews when it came out late last year. But I was still surprised at how much I loved it. It's an intriguing thriller wrapped around a very unusual love story. One of the best films I've seen in a long time...

Sunday we took advantage of the sunshine and spent the afternoon at the pool...

All in all, not the worst weekend we've ever had!

No comments: