Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Belated happy Easter!

I'm sure everyone has moved on from Easter, but I've been away from the computer and haven't had a chance to post anything from the weekend. So bear with me if you're already over "Happy Easter" posts...

We spent the Easter holiday with my parents and had a fabulous time, despite winter-like weather. We went to an Easter egg hunt at my aunt's church and it was 25 degrees out with a wind chill of 10! But frigid weather is no deterrent when a five-year-old is searching for eggs filled with treats!




Here's a nice picture of Emma with my Aunt Hazel and my mom (or Biggie, as Emma calls her!) They are both so crazy about Emma and had fun helping her look for eggs.


Back at my parents' house, we colored Easter eggs, despite the fact that none of us likes hard-boiled eggs. I think we admired them for like 10 minutes and then threw them in the trash!

Easter morning, the Easter bunny was very kind to Emma...she got all kinds of fun little toys (and a little bit of candy.) The big prize were these Disney Princess eggs...


Each egg was filled with some kind of activity. Unfortunately, it was pretty much a bunch of crappy activities that didn't work. Oh well...

And here is MY little princess in all her Easter finery...


All in all, a wonderful Easter that I was thrilled to spend with my girl and my parents. Hope you all had a great holiday as well!

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Looks like a great day was had by all! Love the Emma pics.

You threw the Easter eggs in the trash?...flying in the face of those bunny gods now are ya? ;0)

Calico Sky said...

I was really getting worried about you when you didn't post and/or comment! So glad all is well :)

Emma is as adorable as ever! I am glad to hear you had a nice break away and that Easter was fun (and probably yummy too!!)

Sara said...

Very cute! I'm glad you had a wonderful easter.

Christi and Abbey said...

Wonderful! Love her dress and so glad you all had fun. Thank you for sharing.

Joannah said...

Looks like so much fun! I love Emma's Easter dress.

Betsy said...

Great pics.

Eggs in the trash? Oh, dear. Think of all those egg salad sandwiches I could've eaten?! :)

Glad you had a good time.

kitchu said...

I am so not over Easter, it's a long season for me...

Looks like you guys had so much fun, and Emma is just adorable, especially in her Easter digs!