Sunday, April 29, 2007

Checking in...

...mainly because I haven't blogged in week now. I guess I shouldn't feel obligated to post something, even when nothing of interest happens to us. But I do feel kind of neglectful if I go too long.

Anyway, an insanely busy week at work had left me pretty depleted by the weekend. So other than the usual laundry and grocery store chores, I was extremely lazy the past two days.

Yesterday, it was a lovely spring day so we met up with some friends at the local farmstead. The girls could ride horses, look at the animals, pan for "gold" and do a lot of other fun things. Emma wanted to go to the fishing hole, but UNFORTUNATELY, they ran out of worms just as we got there (WHEW!) It's funny...I used to fish all the time with my dad as a girl. But for some reason, at this age, I'm not keen on threading a wiggly worm onto a sharp hook.

Anyway, here's a picture I took of Emma and her friends Jia and Laura while we were taking a nature hike out at the farmstead...


And here's my little glamour gal vamping for the camera (and anyone else who happened by)


Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend...I'm hoping for a less frantic work week ahead!

4 comments:

C's Mom said...

I love the shades.

Her dress is so cute. Ah, spring at last!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have a very cute glamour girl too..she is 7 now but has been a glamour girl forever and teaching her almost 4 yr old sister!
What a doll your daughter is!
Love your blog!
Patti

Caroline said...

Emma looks ready to model. It's good to have a lazy weekend once in awhile. Hope this week is less demanding.

kitchu said...

yeah... I can't do worms...

LOVE that dress, and the shades are a bonus. So cute.