Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bangs or no bangs

I noticed the other night that, once again, Emma's bangs were falling into her eyes and needed trimming. I have been toying with the thought of letting her bangs grow out, but I've hesitated for several reasons. One...you have to go through that long period where the hair just hangs in her face unless you constantly pin it up with a barrette or something. Two...I've always liked the way that Emma's hair framed her cute face (hey, totally biased mom here!) And three...I think it's kind off a big step in a way. It's one more sign that your little girl is growing up...and part of me doesn't want her to do that just yet.

But despite all that, I've decided to give it a try. I'm sure there's a chance that at some point, I'll get frustrated with the hair-in-the-eyes thing and trim them again. But in the meantime, here's my sort-of bangless girl. Feel free to let me know what you think...positive or negative!

7 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

I think she is beautiful either way but the no bang look does make her look older :)

C's Mom said...

I like either too but think I may be partial to 'bangless'

Anonymous said...

Well she's just plain gorgeous either way but I vote for "bang-less" too!

Sara said...

I vote for bang-less too...but she is a cutie either way!!! Might be a fun change for her (and you).

Julia said...

We have gone back and forth on this issue for literally years! We tried and tried to let Lib's bangs grow out but after 8 long months it just became too painful, so we're back to bangs on both girls right now.

So I say try it, why not, and if it becomes too painful for you as well, then you can always say "we tried" and go find the scissors.

Calico Sky said...

Either way she'll be adorable...but I am prefering bangless, especially as she is now 5 and that's pretty big you know! lol

Lisa and Tate said...

NO BANGS!!! How can you hide such an adorable face???? I have never been a lover of all the bangs on little Asian girls!!! Loud and clear.... I vote NO BANGS!!!

Lisa