Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bye-bye, Barney!

Another rite of passage at our house...I have given away Emma's last Barney DVD.

I know a lot of new parents bemoan the very existence of the annoying purple dinosaur, but I have to say, I really LIKED Barney - and so did Emma (actually, from the time she could talk, Emma called Barney "Bobbin.")

At one point, I think we had like 15 Barney DVDs. But as she has slowly lost interest and moved on to other things, I've sold them off one by one. I had hung on to her very favorite Barney DVD, "Rhyme Time Rhythm", for awhile, in case she still wanted to watch it. But the last couple times I've mentioned it to her, she hasn't wanted to see it. This week, I finally asked her if she still liked Barney and she replied "Mom, Barney is for BABIES!" So goodbye, Barney. I took the last DVD to the used bookstore today and hocked it.

Now all I have are my memories of my little baby and her favorite purple dinosaur...sigh!

7 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Look at that cute baby! I can hardly stand it...she was just as beautiful back then as she is now!

Tiffany

Calico Sky said...

a baby picture!!!!! She is sooooooo cute :)
Sorry this milestone is tone, but I'm sure there are many others to follow :)
Bye Bye Barney!

aimeeg said...

Emma is a cutie! Sorry you had to let go of Barney.

Abby's Mom said...

What a adorable picture! What a cutie!

C's Mom said...

See ya, Barn!!!

Adorable photo.

Lisa and Tate said...

What a cutie!!! I guess giving up Barney is bittersweet. At least you have pictures and memories of the Purple guy!!

Lisa

kitchu said...

Such a cute baby and her (now departed) Barney!