Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Blah...update

Well, I guess I spoke too soon...I got the job!

Actually, it was pretty funny. Since summer is almost here, I decided to throw all caution to the wind and try to find a swimsuit during my lunch hour yesterday. Even though I've lost nearly 30 lbs. since January, it was not an adventure I was looking forward to. So I zipped over to Macy's, perused the swimsuit section and picked out a couple suits that I hoped would not cause small children to run in terror when I entered the pool. I had just pulled on this swimsuit that COULD NOT HAVE LOOKED MORE HIDEOUS ON ME. I was standing there looking in the three-way mirror, with my mouth agape at how bad I looked, when my cell rang. It was one of the people who interviewed me and she offered me the job!

So anyway, in a few weeks, I'll be a senior editor for publications at a major medical school. And I'll be making about $15,000 more than I am now, which will make our lives so much easier. Lately I've been feeling like I am one major expense away from disaster...this will help so much.

So even though it did rain all weekend, we ended up getting a little sunshine later in the week!

12 comments:

Special K said...

WooHoo!! Congrats on both your great accomplishments... 30 pounds and a brand new job!

Anonymous said...

Oh congrats!! I love your blog and how great for you! What perfect timing!

C's Mom said...

Hooray! Congrats on the new job AND on that 30# down.

Yippie!!!

Christie said...

Congrats on your new job! Isn't that the best, when you get something you want so much?

As for the Backyardigans, I confess I watch them alone - so it's really not so sad and you're not alone! Ha!

Cheers!
Christie

kitchu said...

I'm so jealous of that 30 pounds! I so need to get back into my running...

Huge congrats on the job too! Awesome!!

Christi and Abbey said...

Yay for you!
I am so happy for you!!
I don't even want to think about a swimsuit. I usually avoid them all summer but this year I will need to take Abbey to the pool and actually get in the water, so I will have to come up with something...
Also happy for you about your new church.

Heather said...

Hooray! So happy for you. Congratulations on your new job! You'll probably never forget the moment you got it--what a funny story. :) Congrats again.

Julia said...

YEAH!! Congratulations on the job and the 30lbs, both awesome accomplishments. And the raise - WOW, that would make anyone's life easier!

Calico Sky said...

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I WAS GETTING WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!

YIPPEE YIPPEE

(heck, maybe this opens up to another adoption?!?! lol joking, no pressure there!!)

p.s. Congrats on the 30 pounds!!!!

kerri said...

Yahoo , good for you!! sounds like your on a streak of good luck, you had better go and buy a lottery ticket to go with that new swim suit.
Congratulations again!

Abby's Mom said...

Congratulations :O

Eliza2006 said...

That's such great news!!! Congrats to you and Emma!

Tiffany