Sunday, May 06, 2007

Mixed bag

Well, this was a typical Midwestern spring weekend. Saturday was absolutely fabulous...sunny and in the low 80s. Today was miserable with near-torrential rains all day and temps that barely made it into the 60s. Other than making a quick trip to the grocery store when the rain let up to a mere steady downpour, we've been housebound all day.

Yesterday was a totally different story...we were pretty much gone all day. The highlight being a few hours at a local art fair in our neighborhood. They have tons of stuff for kids to do and lots of interesting (and unaffordable, for me) art to gawk at. We saw tons of people we know there and Emma had fun with some of her little friends. Here's Emma hard at work at some art project...


As you can see, we visited the face-painting booth first thing...they really did a great job! And here's Emma showing off her groovy new shades from The Children's Place...


I swear, at 2 for $5, The Children's Place pretty much keeps my kid in sunglasses and flip-flops all summer!

5 comments:

Special K said...

She looks like a supermodel in that pic with the shades! Too cute.
Love that color on her.

Abby's Mom said...

Adorable! I love The Childrens Place :)

Lisa and Tate said...

I have a gift card at The Childrens Place.... I really must go see what it is all about!! Love the outfit and the cute gal!!!

Lisa

C's Mom said...

She is getting so tall!

Lookin' good, kiddo :0)

Calico Sky said...

She is simply adorable!!!!!

LOVE the shades. I think the Children's Place is really good for shades and foot wear, I used to buy all my 4's things there!