Saturday, May 26, 2007

Blah...

I've been a little down in the dumps this week...hence, the lack of blogging. I haven't felt well, plus I have come to the realization that I'm not going to be offered a job I interviewed for about a month ago. I really felt confident about how the interview went and my references were all glowing. But I haven't heard anything and they haven't returned my call about where things were. So now it's just waiting for the rejection letter from human resources. I really wanted this job a lot...it would be a new challenge and more money. But I guess I just wasn't what they were looking for...

To add to my glumness, we've got the long Memorial Day weekend ahead of us and it's supposed to rain all three days! Thank you, Mr. Meteorologist! I think we might go see Shrek III this afternoon if the rain doesn't let up. What we'll do the rest of the weekend is anyone's guess.

Emma had her friend Lola over for a sleepover last night and they had so much fun...they played Barbies for like three hours this morning!


I think Emma's a little sad now that Lola has left. Looks like there's only one thing to do to brighten our spirits...GO TO TARGET!

Hope all of you are having a nice holiday weekend...keep your fingers crossed for a little sunshine for me and my gal!

5 comments:

C's Mom said...

Hope the sun shines for you both in more ways than one! :0)

kitchu said...

Hope you find the ray of sunshine you need this weekend! I think it might be captured in Emma's precious face!

Abby's Mom said...

Hope your weekend is better and that the blahs go away soon! There seem to be a lot of the Blahs going around right now.

Calico Sky said...

I hope you catch some sunshine (that isn't emma! lol) this weekend. It's POURING it down here!
Sorry to hear about the interview, that must be upsetting. Remember when doors close, windows open!

Calico Sky said...

Just checkin in again, hoping you are feeling better!