Monday, November 12, 2007

My daughter...the two-timer

Yesterday, Emma's friend Amy celebrated her 6th birthday. She had her party at a local nature conservatory, which was really cool. Anyway, shortly after we arrived, a little boy from Emma's class showed up with his dad to tour the conservatory. You may recall from my Oct. 31st post that Emma already has a boyfriend in her class, a cute little guy named Evan. But any thought of Evan disappeared as soon as Emma saw Ocea (pronounced OH-sha.)

Emma ditched the party and she and Ocea started running around together (this worries me...is Emma going to be one of those girls who drops her friends the moment a boy comes into the picture...gosh, I hope not!) I have to admit, Ocea is quite adorable.


Anyway, eventually Emma had to rejoin the party, which reduced poor Ocea to tears (his dad told me he talks about Emma constantly!) Later, Emma told me Evan was still her boyfriend and that she and Ocea are just good friends (I'm not sure that's how Ocea feels!)

It does concern me how boy-crazy Emma is. But I was reminded of how, in kindergarten, I pursued this poor boy, Bart Bonsall, to the ends of the earth. I was soooo in loooove with him! But then I lost interest in boys until like the 6th grade. Let's hope Emma follows the same pattern...otherwise, I'm afraid she'll be married by the time she's 8!

6 comments:

Kim said...

TOO CUTE!!!
She is just exploring options..
That means she will not just pick the first one...
LOL..
Have a WONDERFUL WEEK..
Kim

Abby's Mom said...

Very Cute!

Lisa and Tate said...

Had to laugh.... Two timing at such a young age. Glad she is true to her boyfriend and recognizes Ocea as "just a friend".

kitchu said...

Those innocent crushes are the best. Love your commentary on this too, cracked me UP (will she be one of those girls that drops all her friends for a boy!)... too funny.

RamblingMother said...

Too cute. So either Evan or Ocea would be good SILs right?

Beverly

Calico Sky said...

ha ha great post!