Sunday, September 21, 2008

Catching our breath...

Ever since school started in the fall (or late summer), we have been insanely busy. I mean INSANELY busy. It's not that I have Emma signed up for 100 activities or anything. It's just that the few things she is involved in have swung into high gear.

This weekend was especially crazy. We started off with a Brownie meeting on Friday night. Saturday morning, we had to get up early to participate in the ALS charity walk (my employer was a corporate sponsor.) Then we rushed off to catch a big youth horse show downtown. We left that early so we could make it to our local FCC chapter's Moon Festival by late afternoon. We left home at 9 am and walked in the door at 9 pm, both exhausted. Today was a little less hectic...just church, going to a big local art fair and horseback riding lessons. Next weekend looks slightly less hectic, but only slightly.

Emma and I both like being busy, but this is a little too much...I hope it slows down a bit. But looking at our calendar, I don't see it - at least for the next several weeks.

Anyway, here are a few pics from the weekend. This is Emma at the horse show, indulging in one of her favorite activities...


Here she is at the Moon Festival, hanging with her friend Hope...


And this is Emma deep in the creative process while painting at the art fair today...


So because we've been gone all weekend, the house is a mess, the lawn needs mowing, and I only got about half the laundry done. I did manage to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store so we wouldn't starve this week. But that was about the extent of my accomplishments. Better luck next week, right?!

7 comments:

missy said...

Whew! Sounds like a lot going on. However, I, like you and Emma, like to be on the go. I am glad you guys did some fun activities. I love the pic of Emma and her friend!

C's Mom said...

Holy canoli...you need a weekend to rest up from your weekend.

I'm with you, busy is fun but SO IS downtime. Hope you find a bit here and there soon.

Lisa and Tate said...

Wow... funtimes!!!

Kim said...

WOW... you have been busy...
Looks like Emma is having fun..
Have a Great Week..
Hugs..

Briana's Mom said...

Holy cow you have been busy! Love the pics!

Jboo said...

Wow -- you have been really busy!! Your photos are great. My girl loves that cotton candy too--such a sticky mess, isn't it! Hope all calms down a little bit for you. Have a good week!

Janet

RamblingMother said...

y'all sound busy. something else to look forward too, busy weekends.