Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Little Emma on the Prairie

Emma's Brownie troop had a field trip yesterday to this historical museum. The girls had such a blast dressing up like children 150 years ago. Here's a picture my friend Beth took of Emma with her friend Madeline...


I didn't get to go on the field trip, unfortunately. But last night, Emma regaled me with facts and tales about life in the 1800's. She told me that the parents ate dinner first and then the children. She also mentioned that the children were often responsible for emptying the chamber pot. She said "Boy, kids had it rough back in the olden days!"

10 comments:

Jboo said...

Oh my -- what cute little pioneer girls!! I'll bet that was a lot of fun for them. I agree -- it had to be rough in those olden days, didn't it! Hope you're having a good week!

Janet

Briana's Mom said...

She looks so cute in her little pioneer outfit!!

C's Mom said...

Yeah, I should say chamber pot detail would be rough!

Those bonnets are wild..they look like they are about to swallow the girls heads :0) Very cute all the same.

Michelle said...

Adorable!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Little Emma on the prairie.... so cute! E is right, kids from the olden days had it tough!

Kim said...

LOVE the little outfits...
Sounds like she had a BLAST..
Have a Great Week..
Hugs..

missy said...

Doesn't Emma look adorable??? I love that she learned so much. Yes, I think living in the olden days would be tough!

Cute post : )

Super Mommy said...

How cute! Emmma makes an adorable pioneer girl. Jade dressed up as a pioneer girl last year and loved it - especially the bonnet.

RamblingMother said...

At least she didn't ask you if you emptied the pots, LOL!

Anonymous said...

How cute are they! love it!