Sunday, February 22, 2009

My little gap girl

Well, Emma has FINALLY lost one of her top teeth. This tooth has been loose for six months - and I am totally not exaggerating. Some children, when they get a loose tooth, wiggle and twist it until it falls out. Emma is not one of those children. She would run away in terror if I even suggested she wiggle it or if I asked to take a look at it. "It will come out when it's ready," she would say.

It was hanging by a thread this week when, as she was chewing a piece of chicken, it fell out. Emma was actually very excited!


Her other top front tooth is also loose now. So, according to my calcuations, it should be coming out around Halloween (or Christmas, if Emma has her way!)

6 comments:

Super Mommy said...

How cute! Jade was the same ways as Emma - her tooth was sideways and she wouldn't let me touch it! FWIW - the second top tooth came right out because it wasn't "anchored"!

Missy said...

I LOVE the snaggle tooth look...my favorite pics of kids are when they are missing teeth! Way to go, Emma!!!

Kim said...

TOOO CUTE..
You will have to trick her into eating an apple.. that will do it..
But I am sure she is WAY to smart for that trick..
Have a Great Week..

Donna said...

Too cute. The second one will probably come out faster because of the gap--in Emma's case, maybe only 3 months of so.

Jboo said...

That other front tooth will really loosen up now! At least that's what happened with Maddy's. Love that toothless grin -- it is so cute!! Hope the tooth fairy was good to Emma! :)

Janet

Julie said...

Cute! My son used to ask my husband to pull them out - I couldn't even be in the same room - ick!