Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back at last

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted anything. I guess it's been a combination of things...we've been busy, we've been sick and I haven't had anything interesting to say (I know...that has ever stopped me before.) I've also been in a terrible photography slump. I mean, I can't seem to take a decent photo these days. My lighting is wrong and the focus is off...and I know it's me, not my camera. It's probably due in small part to the fact that the sun hasn't been out forever and there's not much natural light to work with (I hate using the flash.) But I suspect most of it is me and my lack of inspiration.

Anyway, we're still here...trying to survive the winter blahs. I always look forward to spring, but never more so than this year. We're just counting the days...

Tomorrow we're heading to St. Louis for a day to meet up with my parents and Emma's cousin DJ. Both of the girls were born on February 24, so we're celebrating their birthdays - a little early.

Here's one unexceptional photo of Emma...maybe the sun will actually come out this weekend and I can snap a decent picture!

3 comments:

Missy said...

I don't think you can take an unexceptional photo of Miss Emma. She is so beautiful!

We have the winter blahs, too : ( Yuck!

Have a great trip and Happy Valentine's Day!

Kim said...

Emma is BEAUTIFUL..
Any picture of her would show her beauty..
Have a great weekend..
Hugs..

Jboo said...

Have to agree --all of your photos of Emma are great and she is simply beautiful!! We have a bit of the winter blahs too and just had 6 inches of snow -- blech! Where is spring???

Have fun in St. Louis? Will you take a ride in the Arch or do they still allow that?

Janet