Saturday, January 31, 2009

We are the champions, my friends!

Emma was in her second horse show today (she participated in her first this past November and finished second in her class, which was thrilling.) I was not optimistic about her repeating her good showing this time around...she had been bumped up from beginner class to intermediate and she hasn't ridden very much the past two months because of the cold weather and being out of town.

Anyway, this will give you an idea of how she did this time around...

Photobucket

First place in her class!!! I couldn't believe it...she beat a 15-year-old and an 11-year-old, among others. I was worried because at one point, one of her feet came out of the stirrups and she had to bend over to get her foot back in. But I guess the judge missed it because when they announced the standings, she had won!

The mother of the 15-year-old, who finished fourth, was not thrilled. After the class was over, she said in a loud stage whisper "Well, of course she won...she's so tiny and cute." Sarah, our trainer, overheard her and said "The only reason she won was that she rode better than anyone else today." The woman looked a little chastened but gave me a couple more glares. I swear, some equestrian moms can give pageant moms a run for their money.

But it was a wonderful day. It's kind of bizarre how excited you can get when your child performs well at something. It's not like I did anything...except pay for the lessons!

12 comments:

Kim said...

YEA...
I knew she would do well.. She is a natural...
LOVE the photo..
Geez.. the other mom is right about one thing..
SHE IS LITTLE AND CUTE..
but guess she has learned how to ride a little better then her daughter..
Have a great Sunday..
Hugs..

Lisa and Tate said...

Way to go Emma!!! How cool the instructor piped up and chastened the mom. One truth the "equestrian mom" said she is soooooo CUTE!!!

Missy said...

Goooo Emma!!! Paige and I are SO proud of you and all of your accomplishments. I can't wait to see you win more and more awards! Woo Hoo!

Jboo said...

Woohooo -- how exciting for Emma (and you)!! Congratulations! Sounds like she's a natural! She IS a natural beauty, that's for sure!

Have a great week! I'll bet Emma is floating on air!

Janet

Julie said...

Good job Emma!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Yay Emma!!!1

Super Mommy said...

Congrats Emma!!

Donna said...

Way to go Emma. I hope the 15 year old's mom is properly ashamed of herself today. I predict that this is the first of many blue ribbons and trophies.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Emma!

Donna said...

Hee hee... as if there's anything wrong with being tiny and cute?! Hey, if you've got it, flaunt it! ;)

You look pretty busy but I've tagged you! Check out my blog for details!

:)


Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! She is tiny and cute and a winner : )

Christi and Abbey said...

Oops! That last one was from me, but somehow my mom was signed in on my computer. It's hard when your blogger interface is Chinese!