Thursday, January 01, 2009

Mini-Christmas report

Because of the break-in, I haven't really had a chance to post anything about our Christmas. Outside of becoming crime victims, we really had a nice holiday. We spent several days at my parent's house - Emma loves being with her grandparents!

As is the case every year, although I try to keep it reasonable, Emma had quite a haul when it came to presents. But one gift was clearly her favorite...



Yes, despite my insisting to her for the past year that we would never be in possession of Butterscotch, the three-foot tall robotic horse, we are now the owners of Butterscotch, the three-foot tall robotic horse. I don't know if any of you have ever seen this horse, but it really is quite amazing and LARGE! My parents got an incredible deal on this thing, so it was hard to say no. And, of course, it is right in the middle of our living room, depsite my efforts to keep it in the playroom. Emma absolutely loves Butterscotch, though, so it is worth it. And it's cheaper than a real horse, which we will never own - unless I win the lottery or something equally unlikely!

11 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Ah yes, I have feasted my eyes on Butterscotch. SHE IS AMAZING! No wonder Emma is the happy little horse girl!!! Tate got the rocking horse that is amimated this year. Oh how I hope she is freaked out at a horse that neighs and trots and wags her tail.

Kim said...

Happy New Year...
LOVE the horse...
Looks amazing..
It is truly amazing what they do with toys these days..
Have a Great Weekend..
Hugs..

Special K said...

I've seen that thing. I thought it was a bit creepy. Of course, I don't really like all the baby dolls that talk and move either. I must have repressed memories of some weird horror movie with dolls or something. LOL! But if Emma loves it then I'm glad Santa brought her one. :)

Jboo said...

Ahhh yes -- Butterscotch -- we've heard of him too and he was on the list for a while. He does look quite amazing and fun! At our house, M got Biscuit -- a rather large and robotic Golden Retriever and Lucky -- the wonder pup! Both have been very popular and Biscuit even barks when you come into the room after no movement for a while, so we're calling him our guard dog!

Best wishes for the New Year!
Janet

park it said...

Look at the eyelashes on that horse- looks like she is having Fun!

Super Mommy said...

Oh ya had to go there didn't you Donna? Jade wanted Butterscotch - I refused to buy him for her - but he is sooo cute!! Emma looks like she is enjoying him!

kitchu said...

that would, hands down, have been my fave gift too at her age- I was ALL about the horses!! so sorry about the break-in, but glad you had a great christmas!

RamblingMother said...

that is huge. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Good for Emma! That is the fear I have if we ever got something that large, it would end up in my living room.
She is looking cute and so big!

Caroline said...

First of all - so sorry about the break in. Especially about the pictures.
Wow! Butterscotch! I've seen him in magazines but not in real life. Luckily, Jordan is not into horses. Ellie did want the animated dinosaur but luckily, that didn't happen - just the humongous clubhouse that they love. What fun though to have your own horse at home!

Donna said...

Ah... nuthin more adorable than a little girl and her pony! And this one even comes without the lifetime supply of fertilizer!

;)

Donna