Saturday, May 30, 2009

Helen's Mei Mei

Emma and I met our friends Helen and Mary at the park today. We also got to meet Helen's new sister, Amanda, for the first time. Mary and Helen got back from China a couple weeks ago with Amanda, who just turned three. I can't imagine the challenges of trying to help a three-year-old adjust to a new family, language and country. But they seem to be doing pretty well...


Amanda is very shy, although she warmed right up to Emma. She seems to understand English, but the only word she says is "mama." We're really looking forward to really getting to know her as she adjusts to her new life.

6 comments:

Kim said...

HOW FUN....
Love the photo.. the girls look like they had a great visit...
I am sure anyone would warm up to Emma really fast..
she is toooo sweet..
Have a great weekend...

Donna said...

It looks like Helen is a good jie jie. I brought home my younger daughter as she turned 3: it was harder and easier than I expected at the same time. Today is the 4 year anniversary of her adoption day.

Jboo said...

Sweet photo! Sounds Helen is a great big sister and the three of them together -- so darling! Hope your weekend is going well!

Janet

Super Mommy said...

I love seeing additions to families through adoptions. I'm sure adopting a 3 yo is going to have some challenges - but will be worth it - she's adorable!

Debbie said...

Adorable photo!

Steph said...

How sweet! Congrats to your friends. She is such a cutie and it looks like she has a wonderful big sister and friend. :)