Saturday, June 06, 2009

Au revoir, first grade!

Friday was Emma's last day of first grade...the year just flew by. She has a week off and then six weeks of summer school (which is a blessing - it helps keep her French sharp and helps me with summer child care expenses.) Then in August, we'll take a week off to visit family and the rest of the time, we are sharing a nanny with some friends of ours.

Anyway, here are a few photos of Emma's last day of school...

Here's the class with the gift they made for their teacher.


This is Emma with her wonderful first grade teacher, Mme. Cahoon...


And Emma with her friend Emme and Mme. Cahoon...


I'm sure fall will be here in a flash!

9 comments:

Jboo said...

What a cute toothless grin on your Emma! First grade did fly by and I'm sure summer will too! Hope you and Emma have a fun one! Let me know if you plan a trip to the Omaha zoo some time!

Have a fun weekend!

Janet

Missy said...

Ok, now I am missing my babies at school :) Emma is such a beauty and really just shines. I'm glad she had a great school year. I hope you all have a fabulous summer :)

Super Mommy said...

Congrats Em!! Oh how I wish we had some summer school to go to! I'm with you on keeping skills up and taking a bite out of "day camp" expenses!

I'm sure you all will have a fabulous summer - can't wait to see the things you do -even if it's without a Blackberry ;0)

C's Mom said...

Woohoo...have a wonderful summer!

She's growing faster than I can keep track.

Debbie said...

It is hard to believe another school year is past. The summer always goes too fast, so enjoy it.

Donna said...

I love Emma's toothless smile. We still have 7 more days of school. Enjoy the lazier days of summer.

Donna said...

What a sweet little girl Emma is! I can't help but smile!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Steph said...

Emma is so adorable Donna! Can you believe 1st grade is done? I know I can't! lol The years fly by so much faster when they enter school.

I love the gift they made the teacher! That's such a sweet idea!

Donna said...

Sweet photo of Emme and Emma and their teacher. I hope Fall isn't here before we get at least a tiny taste of Summer! It's still sweater weather here in California!

:)

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!