Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday at the stables

The weather here, like many other parts of the country, has been blissfully cool this summer. Normally, Emma's horseback riding lessons can be very taxing for both mother and daughter at her non-air conditioned barn. But with the cooler temps, it has been downright pleasant all summer.

Today was probably the warmest day we've had this year...upper 80s. A friend of ours who is a professional photographer came out to the barn to take some photos of Emma around the horses - I can't wait to see how they came out!

I snapped a couple photos of her too...




Emma spent her whole lesson practicing schooling patterns...she has a horse show this Saturday and she's going to compete in the schooling pattern class for the first time (up til now, she's just done walk/trot.) We'll see how she does next week!

7 comments:

Donna said...

We too have been spoiled by this summer's weather. Our typical hazy, hot, and humid pattern seems to have finally arrived. I hope your share the stable pics. Good luck in next weekend's competition.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we've had a cool summer, but today was a little warmer. I say bring back the cool!

Great photos!

Eliza2006 said...

Boy, is she cute! Our summer has been blazing hot! Temps have been in the 100's this week! I'm looking forward to cooler temps!

Super Mommy said...

She looks darling Donna! How exciting for Emma - wishing her luck in her competition. Jade would LOVE to ride all the time!!

Lisa and Tate said...

We are melting in UTAH... at least I am. What is schooling?

Emma is so gorgoeus... Can't wait to see some more.

Jboo said...

Good luck Emma!! She looks so grown up in those pictures -- has she gotten a lot taller this summer? Have a fun week!

Janet

stephanie said...

Adorable! I love both of those!

It's been so cool here too, which I have loved. It's supposed to get hot this weekend, and we have a festival in my hometown, so I'm pretty bummed about it. Oh well, I guess we were spoiled for so long, so I shouldn't be surprised. lol