Friday, March 30, 2007

Thanks, Emma!

I took Emma to the doctor this week for her 5-year-old check-up. Poor gal had to have three shots in her legs (her little arms are still too thin to get shots.) Anyway, pre-shots, we were chatting with the pediatrician during the examination about Emma's progress in various areas. Out of the blue, the doctor asked Emma "So what is your favorite food, Emma?"

Oh crap! I braced myself...what was it going to be? Chicken nuggets? Skittles? Potato chips? Cotton candy? This was not going to turn out well.

So imagine my total shock when Emma smiled sweetly and told the doctor "Broccoli."

BROCCOLI!!!! Well, yes, broccoli is among the limited palate of vegetables that Emma likes (along with corn, green beans, peas and carrots.) But her favorite food?! Who cares...I was beaming like a proud mama. "Yes indeed, Emma does love her broccoli," I said.

So anyway, it looks like I owe Emma big-time for making me look like mommy-of-the-year in front of the pediatrician. Maybe she'll get some extra candy in her Easter basket (or some broccoli!)

7 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

That has to be one of the best stories I have ever heard! What a thoughtful girl you have!!!

Tiffany

Joannah said...

Broccoli? I didn't like broccoli until I was an adult! Way to go Emma!

C's Mom said...

She has scored the queen-size bag of Skittles ;0)

Christi and Abbey said...

That is hysterical! What mom could ask for more : )

Calico Sky said...

Smart Emma!!!!!
What a cute story!!! :)

kitchu said...

I am in total agreement with Eliza2006- by far one of the best stories I've read!! That needs to be submitted to some parenting magazine or something. Thanks for giving me a reason to giggle this morning!

Sara said...

Great story! I wish broccoli was my favorite food...yep, not so much!