Saturday, October 06, 2007

The yearly trek to the pumpkin patch

Today we made our annual visit to a local pumpkin patch. To be honest, I really wasn't in the mood. For one thing, it's 90+ here today. Honestly, I'm beginnng to wonder if we'll even have an autumn this year. Usually Emma has on some nice new fall togs on for our trip to the PP. But once again, I had to drag out some of her summer clothes so she wouldn't get too hot. Okay, crabby weather rant over now...

Anyway, we were supposed to go with a friend of mine and her daughter, but her little girl is sick today with the croupy cough thing that half the kids here have now. Emma started hacking a bit last night, so I fear she's next.

So we headed out early to the PP in an effort to beat some of the crowd. There are tons of thing to do there, including...

Pony rides...


Mining for "gold"...


Making a pumpkin sock and running around like it's a kite...


Posing behind one of those silly cutouts so you look like a scarecrow...


Finally making it to the actual pumpkin patch and spending 25 minutes looking for the perfect two pumpkins to take home...


And lastly, taking a nature walk on a nice shady trail...


Needless to say, we were both beat and one of us fell asleep on the way home (it didn't get to be me, unfortunately.)

8 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

What cute pics! I feel your pain. I would be irritated if it were still 90 here! I LOVE fall! This year I picked our pumpkins out at Wal-Mart. I'm still tossing around the idea of going to a pumpkin patch (for the pics). Anyway, glad to hear you didn't fall asleep on the way home. Hope you get a nap in this weekend!

Tiffany

kitchu said...

Oh girl, you and me both. I almost fainted mowing the lawn today and was sweating like a horse (since pigs don't sweat). I love fall and it is late in reaching us.

I loved these pics, Emma is so darn cute!

Abby's Mom said...

I hear ya, We are forcasted for 90s this week to! Totally crazy, I just want to turn my aircon off and save some money.

Very cute pictures :)

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
Glad you found your pumpkins..
Can't wait to see them decorated...
Have a Great Weekend
Hope Emma doesn't get sick..
Kim

RamblingMother said...

She is very cute. I am so with you on the lack of fall thing. Not good, highs in the 90s. Yuck.

Beverly

Calico Sky said...

Oh she is simply the cutest! I am so glad you had a nice time together!

Caroline said...

Yep - I hated going to get pumpkins in the 90+ heat this weekend too! Jordan would have loved the pony ride - not an option here - but we did have the corn pit!

Lisa and Tate said...

What a great pumpkin patch! I cannot wait until next year (hopefullY0 when I can be bring Tate for this fun!