Saturday, September 29, 2007

Extreme Makeover - Emma Edition

When it comes to home decorating, I tend to do things in spurts. I won't touch a thing around the house for a year, and then I become totally obsessed and start tearing everything apart. We are definitely in a "tearing apart" period right now.

I just had new kitchen countertops put in and decided I didn't like the color of the kitchen walls with the new counters. So last night, I started ripping down wallpaper (perhaps my all-time favorite home decorating chore - NOT!) Emma was excited and offered to help...


We got all the wallpaper down, but there are still a lot of spots where the glue is stuck to the walls. So it looks like tomorrow will be a wetting, scoring and scraping kind of day.

In the meantime, I had our bathroom sink hauled away to be refinished. It is an ancient cast iron pedestal sink that I love, but it was definitely in need of a little sprucing up. So we'll be without a bathroom sink for a week, which means brushing our teeth using the bathtub. That was fun for one day, but now we're over it.

Who knows what else I'll decide to tear up or out during this manic decorating phase. If only Ty Pennington would swing by to help out!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Reminds me of the 8 layers I took off of my kitchen walls a few years ago. Not fun!
It must be in the air. I bought a new rug for Eliza's room and now I'm ready to pull out the old paint brush. Somehow, I don't think a 19 month old and painting mix...we'll see how brave I get!

Tiffany

Sophie's Mom said...

Can't wait to see the 'before' and 'after' pictures! Oh, and would Ty be shirtless by chance?

Calico Sky said...

Oh what a great helper she is! Your post brightened my day :)