Sunday, September 09, 2007

One sign fall is near...

...we had to start raking leaves today. We have a tree in the backyard that starts losing its leaves in late August, so we spent an hour or so raking leaves this afternoon. Emma loves raking (I know that will change someday!)


After raking, we went to Michael's and bought some Halloween arts and crafts stuff. By arts and crafts stuff, I mean like a all-but-preassembled foam haunted house that we put more foam stickers on. Trust me, it's not like I'm crocheting Emma's trick-or-treat bag or anything.

BTW, the Jane Brown thing went very well...extremely emotional and informative. Last night, Emma and I had our first real discussion about her birth parents. Much to my surprise, she has some definite ideas about them (for example, she thinks they are dead.) But I listened to her and told her anytime she wanted to talk about them, I would be happy to listen. I think it will end up being a very good thing that we went. I'll write more about it later, when I have a chance.

5 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

I love the Autumn, but am not a lover of raking the leaves.. Hope Emma loves leaf raking for a long time!

RamblingMother said...

Oh good, I am glad to hear the conference play work shop went well. Can't wait to hear about it after you have processed it.
Great pic. BTW.
Beverly

C's Mom said...

Autumn is my fave but I'm getting one of those attachments for my Deere John (yes, that's on purpose) that will suck up the leaves.

Get to work on crocheting that treat bag ;0)

Kim said...

Emma is adorable..
Glad she likes to rake right now..
Sounds like you had a great time.
Kim

Calico Sky said...

WOW, fall already?! That's a sure sign!

So glad it went well!