Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My little Daisy

Emma had her first Girl Scout meeting this afternoon after school. In Kindergarten, Girl Scouts are called "Daisies." Then they move up to Brownies next year. Here's Emma in her little Daisy tunic...


At their first meeting, the Daisy Scouts colored a picture, had a snack, painted flower pots and planted some daisies. Quite a bit to cram into an hour! Here is Emma with her friends Raina and Sydney...


The meeting ended with the traditional Daisy Scout circle (or at least I think it's traditional!)


The troop has all kinds of field trips planned this year, including an outing to a pizza parlor to make pizza (cool!) and a trip to the Build-A-Bear Workshop store (Emma's already looking forward to that!)

I think Girl Scouts will be a great experience for Emma...tragically, it was one I never had. Somehow, I ended being drafted into the far inferior Camp Fire Girls (no offense to any former CFGs out there.) So I guess I will be living vicariously through Emma's Girl Scout adventures!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
I was in Brownies and Girl Scouts and loved it...
Emma will have a BLAST...
Kim

Christi and Abbey said...

How sweet! One more thing to look forward to if we can fit it in. Thanks for showing the circle at the end, very neat.
I am really looking forward to your impressions about Jane Browns playshops. She came here this year but Abbey was too young and I couldn't get away.
I feel weird about someone addressing such an important issue with my child with me not there, but it also sounds like she has tons of experience and that it is so beneficial.

C's Mom said...

It brings back such memories. I remember being a Brownie...seems like yesterday but was more than 30 years ago (eek!)

Calico Sky said...

Adorable! It's funny how the world has brownies and guides and yet the pre-brownies is called Daisy's in the US, Sparks in Canada and Rainbows in the UK! lol

I LOVED being a brownie!!!

Lisa and Tate said...

Fun times!!! I never got to join in on CFG or GS!!! I will be living thru Tate on this one also.