Sunday, September 02, 2007

A mommy and me day

Well, I guess I've somewhat recovered from my lousy Friday (or more likely, I've just decided not to dwell on it this long weekend). Since we've been majorly busy the past couple of weekends, Emma and I spent the day together, just the two of us, on Saturday.

She had been pestering me to take her to one of those "edu-tainment" kids places that we hadn't been to in awhile. So we hung out there for like four hours. Here's Emma having some fun in the ball pit...


We came home and rested up a bit and then headed to a popular outdoor shopping area. We managed to hit both Gymboree and Children's Place, which were both having sales. I'm starting to buy fall and winter clothes for Emma...it's always kind of fun to start buying stuff for the new season. What's I need to do in the next few weeks is start weeding out Emma's old summer clothes. It's hard, because it's still warm and probably will be for the next few weeks, so I can't toss all her summer stuff. But both her closet and dresser are bulging with old summer and new fall clothes. So something's got to go pretty quick.

Anyway, church this morning and we may try to hit the pool one last time today. The water is probably freezing, but it's supposed to be close to 90 today, so we'll see.

Enjoy your weekend, especially those of you that have Monday off too!

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Love the photo and glad you were able to put freaky Friday behind you for now!

kitchu said...

I can't wait for "mommy and me" days- enjoy the rest of the long weekend... why do they go by so fast?!

Adorable pic!

Abby's Mom said...

Great picture :)

Kim said...

Great picture...
Glad you enjoyed the day..
Have a Great Evening..
Kim

Calico Sky said...

So glad you are feeling better. I was going to email you today and check you are OK!
Enjoy those precious moments!

RamblingMother said...

She is so cute.

Beverly