Saturday, December 15, 2007

We got socked

We had two ice storms last week and last night we got hit with the snow. About five inches so far, with more forecast for today. We've been super-lazy this morning and Emma didn't even get dressed until after lunch. We finally bundled up and went outside to shovel a bit. Then I pulled Emma around on her sled.


We have a very hilly yard (something I'm all too aware of during mowing season.) But it's great for doing a little fun sledding. I probably pulled Emma up our little hills and pushed her down about 100 times, with her giggling all the way down.


Hopefully the snow will let up pretty soon and roads will be passable. We need to go to the grocery store and get a few errands in today. We can only be housebound for so long!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I miss snow. We don't get any down here (at least not since we've moved here - except for the 1 inch we got last year) not enough for sledding. I'm so glad that you and Emma could spend a day playing in the snow.

RamblingMother said...

That looks like so much fun. We may not ever get snow this year. Oh well sometime I hope.

Beverly

Kim said...

Looks like Emma had fun...
Emma looks sooo cute in her hat,gloves, jacket and scarf...

Christi and Abbey said...

Merry Christmas to you all! Was it white? I know it was happy for the two of you.