Saturday, April 19, 2008

The cutest dang swimsuit ever

How many swimsuits does one child really need? I'm sure that's a question many moms ask as summer approaches. Little kid swimsuits are so adorable that it's real easy to end up with like 10 if you're not careful.

Emma has grown just an inch-and-a-half over the past year and put on exactly two pounds, so two of her suits from last summer still fit her and I had bought another one this spring, so I told myself that was it. But I was at Gap this week with a 15% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket and I saw this swimsuit I fell in love with. So I bought it, even though it wasn't marked down yet (a rarity for me.)

Well, I am so glad I did...this swimsuit looks so cute on my little girl. Here she is, modeling it earlier today...


The print is a giraffe, but I think it kind of looks like the swimsuit Pebbles Flintstone would have worn! Emma was invited to a swim party this afternoon and wore her new suit. Here she is with her friend Amy shortly before they hit the pool...


I'm not exaggerating...at least 10 of the moms at this party asked me where I got Emma's new swimsuit. I felt pretty guilty about buying it, but now I feel a bit better about it. I don't know why I'm so excited about a swimsuit...I guess this is what thrills me these days.

BTW, Emma had a blast at the party!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That whole GAP line was just adorable. I did not get anything - waited to long. That suit is cute. I'm embarrassed to say after discovering some suits I had stashed away from last seasons end sales, plus ones I couldn't resist this year, that Tess already has six suits.

Caroline said...

Oooh - I like that swimsuit! Jordan's suits are getting a little tight but the next size up are still too big.

Sophie's Mom said...

That is very cute! I saw the giraffe shorts (and almost bought them), but didn't see the swimsuits. I just got Sophie a suit, and we swim so little, she'll probably only have one.

Lisa and Tate said...

That is such a cute suit.... you would have been crazy IF you would have passed it up....

Lsia

C's Mom said...

I'd be asking too. That IS one adorable suit. Emma looks so tall!