Saturday, June 07, 2008

Au Revoir, Maternelle

WAH! Yesterday was Emma's last day of kindergarten...I can't believe I have a first-grader now. It's just one year older, but the gap between kindergarten and first grade seems much more than that.

Anyway, the room parents organized a little party for the last day of school. I was so sorry to say au revoir to Emma's kindergarten (maternelle) teacher. M. Thomas has been such a wonderful teacher for Emma. He is so sweet and loves his kids so much. Plus, he's such a great instructor - I mean my child is fluent in French already, for crying out loud! And as a single mom, I'm thrilled whenever Emma has the chance to have a positive male influence on her life - and M. Thomas has definitely been that.

Here's M. Thomas giving Emma her "diploma" yesterday...


And here's Emma with her ex, Ocea (they used to be boyfriend and girlfriend but Emma tells me they are just friends now (whew!)


So now it's summertime for us, the time of year I'm insanely jealous of my friends who are teachers and get to spend a couple months with their kids. Emma's going to zoo camp for a couple weeks, then summer school and then we'll take some vacation time. I know it will be over before we know it!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I so wish I was a teacher too..
LOVE the pictures of Emma.. she is sooo beautiful. It is amazing how they grow up sooo fast..
Have a Great Weekend..

RamblingMother said...

Awww great pics. Glenys and I both wish I were a teacher to have the summer off.

Super Mommy said...

Sniff, sniff - I know what you mean - I have a 1st grader now too! Emma looks so cute! I'm impressed she speaks fluent French - way to go Donna!

Christi and Abbey said...

Amazing that she is fluent in French! congrats on the missing tooth : )
So glad you were with her for that. It really is milestone.
As a first grade teacher those hanging by a thread teeth drive me crazy too.

missy said...

Congratulations Miss Emma on an outstanding accomplishment. I am a first grade teacher and would love to have such a talented young lady!

She is just beautiful. I know you are so proud.

Shannon said...

Congratulations to Emma on a successful kindergarten year! Love the just friends quote! =)