Saturday, June 28, 2008

The big gap

Last night, Emma lost her other bottom front tooth. It's been loose for a few weeks but I didn't think it was going to come out for a while longer. But Emma's friend Emme told her she should start twisting the tooth and it would come out sooner. Anyway, so we're getting ready for bed and Emma says "Mommy, my other tooth just came out!" After the initial excitement, I suddenly panicked - I didn't know if I had any tooth fairy money! After we put her tooth in an envelope and put it under her pillow, I went downstairs to see if I had a couple of one's in my wallet. But of course not! All I had was a $50 bill that I keep tucked away in my wallet in case of an emergency (I've had it in there for at least five years.) As much as I love my child, there was no way the tooth fairy was leaving her $50. I thought about leaving her an IOU from the tooth fairy or maybe telling her that the tooth fairy has Friday nights off or something. But what I ended up doing was calling my next door neighbor and she lent me a couple dollars for the tooth fairy.

The lesson here is, when you kid is in the "losing their baby teeth" stage, it is probably wise to keep an envelope tucked away somewhere with a few ones in it, just in case. Please learn from my shortcomings as a parent!

Anyway, here's my girl with her really big gap now...I'm kind a freaked because it's so big, but my mom says that's good so her permanent teeth won't be too crowded coming in (at least for now.)


And just a couple more photos I took this morning...




Have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Good advice. I admit, I was such a goober I was thinking - why not just run to the ATM? Yeah, I'll get a reality check as a single mama.

Love the gap tooth smile. She wears it well!

Kim said...

Okay.. I am thinking that she should have got $50.00...LOL>
LOVE the pictures..
Have a Great Weekend..
HUGS..

Lisa and Tate said...

Keeping $50 for a emergency is good advise... Also the tooth fairy money! The gappy Emma is so adorable.

Briana's Mom said...

I gotta remember that tip! Love the new smile!

Super Mommy said...

She has a beautiful smile!

RamblingMother said...

too cute. I will def. remember the change dealio for teeth. Thanks for the reminder.

Julia said...

The gap has never looked cuter! Just wait till the top teeth start to go. Meisi is going through that gappy, crooked, awkward stage right now.