Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My little Paris

For some time, Emma has been bugging me about lip gloss. Or I guess I should say "nip gloss" because that's what she calls it. She has about 155 tubes of chapstick, but I've never allowed her to wear the shiny stuff. Well, the other day we were scouring the dollar bins at Target and they had some "glearmy nip gloss" - "glearmy" being Emma's term for glittery shiny shimmering lip product. She BEGGED me for some glearmy nip gloss and, in a moment of weakness, I caved. I mean, she's six now...I guess it's okay if she has a little tube of shiny lip gloss.

Oh, how wrong one can be! On the way home, Emma smeared the lip gloss on her lips (and a bit on her face too.) Then I heard a little high-pitched voice ask "Mommy, does this nip gloss make me look hot?"

Are you kidding me?! Where is she picking up things like this? Has she been reading Paris Hilton's blog when I haven't been looking? GRRRR!!!

I told her very calmly, but in no uncertain terms, that she didn't look hot, that she was too young to look hot, and she wouldn't be looking hot for many years to come. When we got home, I confiscated her new nip gloss when she was distracted and it went into an inaccessible drawer. I would have thrown it away, but you never know when I might need some watermelon-flavored glearmy nip gloss.

Anyway, here are a couple of photos of my definitely un-hot daughter taken last week..




May she be in a school uniform and pigtails forever...

8 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures..
Oh how I know what little girls can say..
Have a Great Week..
She is beautiful..

Anonymous said...

Goodness, she is so very cute! Great story... "No lip-gloss 'till you are 32!!!!" :o)

Special K said...

Ha ha ha ha...

My 8 yr old nephew pointed to a cartoon girl in a poster on their wall and informed me that the 11 yr old nephew thought she was "hot". LMAO!

RamblingMother said...

OH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is funny. We have been wearing "lickets" for a while now, gifts from other people and chapstick is the same classification. Hot pushing a babydoll stroller, def, not!! She is adorable, love the nip gloss.

kitchu said...

Oh.MY.GOD. I am laughing so hard my cheeks hurt.

And amen to your prayer.

Super Mommy said...

They grow up waaay to fast. My girlies like to put the lip gloss on their eye lids! hehehe -

Great pics of Emma!

Donna said...

Too funny. Love the pics. A group of 9-10 year old girls in my Emma's class got in big trouble for writing a "hotties" list on a bathroom stall wall. They grow up way, way too fast.

missy said...

Uh oh! : ) Emma is too cute to be hot! I'm with you on this one. So funny you post a pic of Emma with her doll. I had to let Paige be her age today, too. She has been in her dance recital with WAAAYY too much make up and it was nice for her to play pretend today.

I guess we must brace ourselves!
Emma is a doll!