Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flashback...

During the long wait for Emma, I used to play the song "Waitin' for a Sunny Day" by Bruce Springsteen over and over and over again (I'm a major Boss fan.) I probably played that song at least 20 times a week during that long 13 months. It just made me feel better to know that better days were coming.

I hadn't heard the track for years and I was in the car this morning when it unexpectedly came on the radio. Tears immediately came to my eyes and I just starting bawling. It just brought back all the memories of that wait and made me think about how it had all been worth it because I now have this amazing little girl.

Anyway, Bruce, thanks for getting me through the rough spots...

2 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

It is amazing how a song can trigger that kind of feeling and emotion. I completely understand!

missy said...

Isn't the Boss the best? His raspy voice gets me everytime. Music is so powerful.