Thursday, July 24, 2008

Words of wisdom...

Generally speaking, Emma is a fairly quiet child. But for some reason, she turns into a little chatterbox on our evening walks after dinner. She keeps a running stream-of-consciousness commentary on life going the entire 20-25 minutes that we walk. Here are some of Emma's observations from tonight's amble:

"The reason I use so many band-aids is that I need my blood to survive."

"I don't think I would like to wear a straw hat because I'm worried a bird might think it's a nest."

"If A-Rock (Barack) Obama becomes President, the first thing he should do is get rid of all the mosquitos."

"We need smoke detectors because our noses don't work at night."

"Cars don't get bigger like other living things."

"Don't worry, Mommy, I can hold it til we get home." (uh-oh!)

I could go on and on...she says the most hilarious things while walking. I need to start bringing a tape recorder or something.

Anyway, here's a pic of Emma on our walk tonight...in a rare moment of silence!

9 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Wow - she is one smart girl!

Special K said...

My 5 yr old niece is just like this. Constantly chattering away. And the stuff she comes up with is hysterical!

PS. I'd absolutely vote for A-rock if he got rid of mosquitos! LOL!

Caroline said...

I have to agree with Emma - getting rid of the mosquitos would be a wonderful first act for the next president (whoever it may be)!

I love her comments!

Kim said...

Kids say the cutest things... When you LEAST expect them...
Emma is beautiful...
Have a Great Weekend..

kitchu said...

she made me smile big with all that wisdom :O)

missy said...

Thanks for sharing Emma's words of wisdom...I am laughing out loud here! I love her political views : ) What a doll you have! Never a dull moment, huh?

RamblingMother said...

It is amazing how much we want them to talk but then when they start it never ends. Cute world observations that is for sure.

Jboo said...

Hilarious commentary and sweet photo!

Janet

Donna said...

It's wonderful that you're writing this down! I always forget to do that. Kids really do say the cutest things!

Donna