Friday, October 24, 2008

Emma and Biggie

This past weekend, we traveled to St. Louis to visit my parents. Emma loves her Biggie and Papa so much. Yes, "Biggie" is the name that Emma somehow came up with when she was a baby to call my mom. I think it has something to do with the fact that my mom's oldest grandchild, my nephew Ryan, called her Gobey. And Emma, hearing all the other grandkids calling her Gobey, somehow got it turned around a little and has called her Biggie ever since. It's quite a source of mirth in our family.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend with my parents...shopping and eating and eating and shopping. We did manage to make our annual fall pilgrimage to Grant's Farm, which is always great fun.

Here's a picture of Emma and her Biggie at the farm...


We have a lot of exciting things going on right now...too much to write about in this post. I'll try to fill you in sometime this weekend when I have a bit more time.

Have a nice weekend, y'all!

5 comments:

RamblingMother said...

That is so cute. Glenys called my mom "Dis" as in "this one" but it didn't stick. Too many other grandkids calling her grammie.

Super Mommy said...

Biggie?? Love it!! I'm sure you all enjoyed your visit!

Kim said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL Time..
Love the picture..
Have a Great Weekend..

Christi and Abbey said...

Biggie is very cute! Your mom must love it.

Jboo said...

Ahhh -- that is sweet that Emma has a special name for your Mom. Maddy has a special name for my Mom too! Sounds like a very busy time!

Have a fun week!

Janet