Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's apple pickin' time!

Saturday was a glorious fall day and we went apple picking with some of our friends. We had never gone apple picking before and I have to say, it was just wonderful. We traveled to an apple orchard about an hour away. Here are the girls (Emma, Jenna, Christina and Kimmie) just before we set them loose to pick apples and run wild...


Here's Emma wielding the apple picker...frankly, with four six-year-olds running around with these, I can't believe there weren't a few serious injuries...


Here are Emma and Kimmie...I love this photo, even though the girls were squinting into the sun...


We were out in the orchard for nearly two hours, picking apples and eating apples. Even this late in the season, the orchard had like ten varieties of apples still on the trees. It is amazing how different they all taste. Emma pretty much liked them all...




I don't know if it was because we were outside in the crisp fall air, but the apples tasted better than any I've ever had before. Of course, that's probably a good thing because now I have a bushel of apples sitting in my kitchen and we can't possibly eat them all. Looks like I need to break out the applesauce and apple pie recipes!

7 comments:

Kim said...

HOW FUN!!!!
LOVE the pictures..
Apple Pie over here please..
Have a Great Week..

Special K said...

I just love this time of year. Looks like you found a perfect way to spend a beautiful autumn day.

Jboo said...

That does look like a lot of fun and the apples must have been very yummy from the looks of the eating going on!

Have a fun week!

Janet

Briana's Mom said...

So much fun! Love the pics!

Christi and Abbey said...

what fall fun!

Julia said...

I wish we had an apple farm near where I live, this always looks like so much fun! Emma is really enjoying that apple too!! :-)

Super Mommy said...

Looks like total fun!!