Thursday, October 30, 2008

Emma's first horse show

Emma is entered in her very first horse show on Saturday. I was not really keen on her participating, to be honest. She's been riding less than a year and she's so much younger than the other girls in the competition. But she really wanted to do it and her teacher said she thought she was ready. So I was overruled.

She'll just be riding in one class...a walk/trot class for kids 10 and under. I don't even know if I can watch. I honestly don't care if she wins (she won't) and she says she knows she probably won't. My only concern is that she'll make a mistake and feel horrible about it - she's such a perfectionist.

I know it's a valuable lesson for kids to learn that they aren't always going to win and always excel. I'm just hoping is she does her best and has fun, whether she wins a ribbon or not.

Wish her luck...I'll let you know how she did!

10 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Wishing her luck and praying all at the same time. Post pics if you can take them!!

kitchu said...

oh i think this is sooo wonderful!! i wish her the very best- my cousins did this and got so much out of it...

Global Girl said...

Oooh, exciting. Good luck Emma!

Julia said...

In cases like this, you do all you can to prepare her and emphasize that it's about having fun first and learning comes in a close second. I bet she'll have a blast though, it sounds like riding is something she really enjoys. Can't wait to hear how she did!!

Eliza2006 said...

That is a really great photo! Good luck, Emma!

Tiffany

Kim said...

HOW EXCITING..
Love it..
I can't wait to see the pictures..
You have to watch.. she will do WONDERFUL..
Have a Great Time..

Briana's Mom said...

Wishing her all the best of luck!

Super Mommy said...

First Donna - love that picture - great shot girl! Second, Emma knows what she's doing. Kudos for her for wanting to compete - my advice is to just be there for support! Best of luck to you Emma!!

Special K said...

Good luck Emma!

What a special memory this will be. Her very first horse show!

C's Mom said...

All the best. I look forward to hearing all about it.