Sunday, November 16, 2008

Emma and her horsey friends

We spent another long day at the stables today. We usually get there at 2:30 or so, Emma has her lesson at 3 o'clock, but we seldom leave before 6. After her lesson, she always wants to hang out and help the older girls feed and water all the horses. I don't mind and I just sit in the lounge reading.

Emma absolutely adores these girls and they love her too. They are all much older than her...Katie is 10, Sophie is 11 and Nicole is 16. But Emma seems to feel these are her peers and likes nothing better than running around the barn with them. I normally would not let Emma hang out with girls this age at school or anywhere else. But all these kids have a common love (horses) and would spend their entire lives at the barn if they could.

I snapped a quick photo today of Emma with her posse...


I just love this photo...it's just a weird thing that what little light there is in the stable is shining on Emma. What I love more is the light shining in her face because she's having fun with her horsey friends. You can see she is in heaven.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a really cool hobby and kudos to you for supporting it!

Kim said...

LOVE the picture of Emma and her friends...
Sounds like she is doing well with her classes...
Have a Great Week....

Lisa and Tate said...

What a great picture! You were able to capture the joy on each one of the little horse ladies faces... Emma's is glowing.

C's Mom said...

Great photo...of Emma and all her horsey friends.

Jboo said...

Great photo! I'm sure the older girls love hanging out with sweet Emma too.

Have a good week!

Janet

RamblingMother said...

love the pic. she looks so big with her friends. She looks like she is in heaven.

Donna said...

I love pictures that capture a moment, and you have certainly succeeded in doing that with this gorgeous picture. I think you'll be spending weekends at the barn for years to come.