Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Emma...child model

Some of you might recall that a couple months ago, I was contemplating whether to let Emma sign with a modeling agency. A photographer friend of mine, who works with a number of really good agencies in town, had suggested it after seeing a picture of Emma.

Anyway, long story short, Emma and I met with three of the agencies that Gabe (photographer friend) recommended and we ended up signing with one of them. I know...I can't really believe it either. But Emma says she really wants to try it. And it would be a nice way to add to her college fund or pay for her rather costly love of all things equestrian.

So last week, Gabe took some photos of Emma for her composite card (a big postcard that the agency sends out to clients.) Here are some of my favorites...






Even though there was no obligation to do so, I've signed Emma up for a couple of modeling classes with the agency so she can learn more about photo movement, acting, runway, etc. I know...RUNWAY! How hysterical is that? I guess kids are booked for a lot of bridal shows and stuff. Her first class is tomorrow after school. I'll let you know how it goes...hopefully this won't end up being a colossal mistake on my part!

11 comments:

Missy said...

Way to go Emma!!! I think it is great, Donna. Who knows where this could take her and the opportunities that could come her way. I LOVE the pictures!!! I can't wait to follow along and say I know that famous "Emma" : )

Kim said...

Emma will do sooooo well..
Love the pictures..
Have a Great Week..
Can't wait to see how tomorrow goes..
HUGS..

Sara said...

Wow! How fun, I hope it goes well and you can add to the college fund!

RamblingMother said...

I don't think it will. How fun. I wish G was interested in something like that.

Lisa and Tate said...

I see a bright future in model for Ms Emma! She is so adorable!

C's Mom said...

Very cute!

As long as she leads the way and is enjoying it then go with it.

Jboo said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! She looks totally at ease in front of the camera! Have fun! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Janet

park it said...

adorable!! Good Luck -How old is Emma? (that was almost my daughter's name :-)
Carol & Kimberly
Florida

Super Mommy said...

Gorgeous pictures - Emma is such a beautiful girl!! Good luck to you all!!

Christi and Abbey said...

I think lots of people would want her in their ads, so cute!
And congratulations on her 2nd place ribbon, that is wonderful : )

Faye said...

Donna,
Send me an email. Camille models and I would love to tell you about it!
fcorman@voicenet.com