Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Seven-year-old checkup

Emma had her annual check-up yesterday. At age seven, she's 45 inches tall and weighs 37 pounds (she's gained 3 pounds in the last year.) She finally made it to the 10th percentile on the American weight charts - double digits! She is definitely a skinny little girl, but our pediatrician was raving about how healthy she is. She's had one cold in the past year and we had to go into the doctor one time this year for a rash thing. But other than that...smooth sailing.

Must be all those veggies I make her eat (HAHAHAHA!!!)

5 comments:

Jboo said...

She and Maddy are about the same size! I think Maddy is about 45 inches tall and weighs a whopping 39 pounds!

Do tell your secrets on how you get her to eat those veggies!! :)

Janet

C's Mom said...

Good news.

Geesh, if my girl keeps shoveling it in at the rate she is, she'll outweigh Emma in about 6 months ;0)

Super Mommy said...

What a peanut! Glad she is strong and healthy!!

Julia said...

I think your Emma might be one of the only kids I've seen more petite than my M. At 8.5, M is 45lbs and 49" tall

Gail said...

I too am a single mom, adopted my oldest in Oct. 2002.
I had to laugh when I read this post.
My dgt is 7yo and is in the 95% on the American charts! Her pedi can not believe that an Asia can be so big! All I can say is look at Yow Ming (spelling is probably wrong, I apologize). I think he's about 7 ft. tall.

Your Emma is adorable!