Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Give me an "E"!

Some of you might recall my dismay at Emma's growing fascination with cheerleading. I'm sure there are some very nice people out there who have been cheerleaders...but I remember when I was in high school, the cheerleaders were the most egotistical and shallow girls at our school.

But you can't always choose what your child becomes obsessed with...and Emma's interest in cheerleading has even surpassed her love of all things princess.

Gymboree has had a cheerleading outfit for sale for a little while now. Every time we have been in there the past couple months, Emma has BEGGED me to buy her that outfit. I haven't caved in (a) because it's never gone on sale and probably never will and (b) I secretly kept hoping she'd forget about it. One night last week, I was on Ebay looking for something else and I typed in "Gymboree cheerleading oufit 3t", hoping 0 matches would come up. Alas, there were several. In a moment of weakness, I made a ridiculously low offer on the cheerleading outfit Gymboree sold last year (I actually think this one was cuter.) Shockingly, the seller accepted my offer.

The outfit got here today, and to say that Emma was in heaven when she opened it would be an understatement. She does look pretty cute in the outfit, especially with the pom-poms the seller threw in...




I told Emma that this cheerleading outfit is also going to double as her Halloween costume and she seems cool with that (at least until fall when she sees the Disney Princess costumes, no doubt.) But she seems to love being a cheerleader right now (sigh!)

9 comments:

Kim said...

YEAH!!!...
She is a doll.. I was a cheerleader and a basketball player.. she can be both prissy and tough..
YOU GO GIRL..
Have a great day...
Are you tired of the cheering yet?HAHA
Kim

Sophie's Mom said...

Just found your blog. What a beautiful cheerleader you have there! I think she looks a little like my Sophia (maybe it's the dimple?)

Great pictures!

C's Mom said...

Awww....look how happy she is!

RamblingMother said...

It is the dimples that complete the outfit. Cute cute.

beverly

Abby's Mom said...

She is a naturaal and looks adorable :)

kitchu said...

She looks SO cute... and my sis was one of those cheerleaders that loved everybody- and I was a "punk rocker" that had a best friend that was a cheerleader. So they aren't ALL that bad (though even my sis would agree that most kind of had ego issues!)...

Caroline said...

You have to admit that she's one good looking cheerleader. So, so cute! But is she really a 3T???

Calico Sky said...

Oh how I needed to see your sweet one today...!
So glad you and Emma are having happy days!
She makes the cutest little cheerleader. :)

Julia said...

Wow, that is one CUTE cheerleader! Of course you know the cheerleading stuff going on at our house right now... Meisi is all about it too and can't wait for her uniform to come in. What can we do but scream RAH RAH right along with them...