Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back to school

Today was "bring your parent to school" day at Emma's school. So I spent the morning watching Emma and her classmates do their lessons, go to gym class and eat lunch in the cafeteria (the less said about that, the better - YUCK!) It was fun spending the day with her at school and observing her with her friends and teacher. Here's a picture of her with her best school friend Jasmine...

When I put her to bed tonight, Emma asked me if I'd be going to school with her again tomorrow. I told her I couldn't, but I'd come and visit at the next parent day. I did have a good time, but after 12 years of school, four years of college and two years of post-graduate work, I've probably had enough of going to school (except for visiting Emma's!)

5 comments:

Special K said...

Emma is beautiful! I just discovered your blog and love reading about her. It helps make the wait go a little faster when you can see someone else's reality of what to expect in the end. So thanks for sharing. :)

LID 6-14-06

C's Mom said...

I LOVE that picture! Those are two sweet, happy girls :0)

Joannah said...

I go to school everyday! And my children (yes, I hope to have more than one!) will go to the school at which I teach. Somehow I think that will get old for them at some point, but it's a great school. I'd be crazy to send them elsewhere.

Those girls are too cute!

Calico Sky said...

I TOTALLY get that, I too have had enough!!!

Christi and Abbey said...

Donna,
Emma is sooooooo beautiful. I just melt when I look at your blog. In one of your posts you were wishing for more family members for Emma, and I know I feel the same for Abbey. But as look at your family from the outside, I think you are the best thing that could have ever happened to this little girl. I know there will be more great relationships and people to love her throughout her life.
Also, thank you for the pumpkin idea with the potato head pieces, that is so cute.