Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sleepover post mortem

Well, we both passed our first sleepover with flying colors. I dropped Emma off at Lola's house after dinner on Friday night. I took a couple pictures of Emma and Lola to mark this big occasion, before Emma literally PUSHED me out the door!


I was actually a little weepy in the car when I left. But I decided that since I didn't have a child in tow, I would run over to Toys R Us to get in some early Christmas shopping (they were having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on Polly Pockets, one of Emma's toys of choice right now.) I went home, watched a grown-up movie (In Her Shoes - loved it!) Read for awhile and went to bed. I slept so well and didn't get up until 7!

What was weird was getting up in the morning and having no kid there...no little girl to make breakfast for and to help get dressed and to color with or play a game with. Very eerie. So I entertained myself by mowing the lawn, doing laundry and taking the car through the car wash (which Emma hates!)

I went to pick up Emma around noon. She was happy to see me (what a relief) but she had a great time and managed just fine. So we made it through our first night apart...

2 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my site. Interesting that we both had the same journey and then moved towards the international route!
Whew, you made it through a 'major milestone' - it must have felt good to do some grown up things again but heck let's hope Emma doesn't want too many sleepovers or her poor mom won't know what to do with herself! lol
She is beautiful btw and I love her name!!

Joannah said...

Awesome! It sounds like you both had a good evening. I'm so proud of Emma for staying the whole night! When I used to stay at my little friend Jackie's house overnight, I'd get so homesick that I'd walk home in the middle of the night. Fortunately, she just live a few houses down the street from mine!