Friday, September 29, 2006

Emma's first sleepover

Emma is going to her first sleepover tonight. Her friend Lola is having a birthday party tomorrow and her mom said she could invite one friend to stay all night tonight. So she invited Emma, who is VERY excited.

This is a pretty big deal to her, but even more so, for me. I have not been apart from my little girl for a single night since she was placed in my arms on December 9, 2002. It's going to be so weird not having her there tonight. I figure I'll either sleep like a log because I'm not subconsciously waiting to hear her call out to me. Or I won't sleep well at all because I know she's not sleeping peacefully in the next room.

This may be the first sleepover where the MOM calls and asks to bring the child home! I'm just kidding, but it is kind of a monumental event for us. I'm kind of teary thinking about how grown-up my baby is now!

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Wow, those lessons in letting go come pretty fast!

Do something you can't usually do tonight. You'll get it out of your system and you'll be reminded how fantastic every other night is :0)

Joannah said...

I hope you do something for yourselft tonight that you wouldn't usually do. Pamper your self a little.

Have fun!