Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The L-O-N-G night

Well, I'm a total zombie today after a semi-sleepless night. I put Emma to bed a little after 8 and she fell right asleep. I went to bed at 10 after watching that new Studio 60 show. At around 11:30, I awoke when I heard Emma coughing really bad (her allergies are acting up big-time.) So I woke her up and gave her some Zyrtec. Went back to bed. Fell asleep finally. At 2:00 am, I hear Emma crying. I go in her room and ask her what's wrong. She thinks she sees a monster with scary eyes - our very first monster citing. I move some stuff around in her room so the monster goes away and she falls asleep quickly. Back to bed...takes 30 minutes to fall asleep again. 4 am...Emma calling out to me again. I go in her room and she's crying because she had wet the bed for the first time in I don't know how long. I take her wet jammies off, put her in my bed, strip her bed. Go to my room where she's already asleep and has positioned herself at a precise angle where there's no way I can lay down on my bed. End up trying to sleep on the sofa, to no avail, and finally just got up and read until 6 am. When Emma woke up, she wanted to know why she was in my bed - doesn't remember any of it!

Well, I'm sure one of us will have a good day!

3 comments:

C's Mom said...

I feel for ya - sleeplessness sucks!

Anonymous said...

Oh we have been going thru the same sleepless nights lately, it is always nice to know you are not alone! Somehow we always manage to survive!!!

Catherine said...

Ahhh...the life of a Mommy.
Sometimes not a lot of fun!