Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Halloween preview

When I asked Emma a few weeks ago what she wanted to be for Halloween, I expected the usual answer...one of the Disney princesses (last year, it was Cinderella, the year before it was Belle.) But much to my surprise, she said she wanted to be Lilo (from Lilo and Stitch.) I admit it, I have princess fatigue, so I was happy to hear this. Lilo is still Disney, but at least she's not a princess.

Anyway, Disney online has been having a great sale on Halloween costumes, so I ordered her Lilo costume a week or so ago. It came today and Emma wanted to try it on immediately. I know I'm biased, but I think she makes a pretty cute Lilo!


Of course, the danger of getting a Halloween costume too early is that she'll waver later and decide that she does, indeed, want to be Sleeping Beauty or Ariel. But I told her when I ordered it that she was going to be Lilo for Halloween and no changing her mind later. So far, she seems happy with her choice!

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Cute, cute!

Joannah said...

That is the cutest costume! I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but I can hardly wait to have Jillian home for Hallwoeen (someday). It will be fun to dress her up and trick or treat, and our church has a great event for the kids on Halloween, and the pictures will be so cute, and...;-)